Tuesday 4 December 2018

Free Book Lending Library in Stockholm



I love reading books, sometimes I read a book continuously till I reach end of the book. I have learnt many lessons from books and I have got new friends through books. I used to visit a local library and read news papers, story books and monthly magazines.

I continued habit of reading books even after I moved to Stockholm. Even though Kindle is available for e-books, I still love to read printed books. For some reason, I don't like reading e-books.

I have just got an idea of Book Lending Library last week. Here is the list of category of books I have currently with me (some of them are given by friends here in Stockholm). I thought of lending them instead of keeping them idle. Currently, there are very few books(around 100) but I have plans to add more titles with friends help and based on the feedback/response I receive for this post.

Story Books in English

Story Books in Telugu & Telugu Magazines for Kids

Biography or Auto Biography

Text Books

Swedish Books

Origami and Drawing Books

Why I am doing this? Books should not be kept idle, they are worthy, if we spread knowledge. Also, encourage book reading among people irrespective of their age, region etc.

Is there any deposit amount? My main intention is to not earn money from this initiative. At the same time I don't want to give away my books free of cost. Only people, who are really interested in reading can borrow the book(s) by depositing the money. Deposit amount will be equivalent to the price of the book. Amount can be swished to me while borrowing books from me. This is just to safeguard the book.

Is there any rental cost? No, it's absolutely free. To encourage book reading among kids and adults, I am starting this initiative.

How long can a book borrowed? Maximum 3 weeks from the date book is taken.

How many books can be borrowed? Maximum 3 books can be borrowed.

How to get deposit money back? When book is returned, deposit money will be swished immediately.

Are there any penalties? It's the reader's responsibility to keep book safely, hence you are the best judge to decide how much amount to be paid as penalty.

Can I give my books to your library? Yes, absolutely. I assume that you are fine to give me books for the same reason. No commercial aspect is involved here. Hence, you can give me books to support the initiative. I am sure you will be happy to hear that books are getting utilized in a proper way.

How to borrow books? You can fill in the details in Contact Form at the bottom of this blog and send your details with name of the book(s) and when do you want to borrow it.

No comments: